Founded in 1992, DCA is a national network that unites art centres throughout France. Supported by the Ministry of Culture, DCA is a leading network, one of the driving forces of French cultural policies, ensuring a nationwide network of art centres to facilitate access to culture and creation.
DCA brings together French contemporary art centres with the aim of:
- Promoting access to contemporary creation and fostering the influence of the French artistic scene, aimed at all audiences, in France and abroad;
- Increasing the national and international visibility of the specific activities of the contemporary art centres through events in France and abroad;
- Facilitating artists and contemporary art professionals’ mobility through the development of artistic and cultural cooperation on an international scale with other contemporary art networks and organizations;
- Upholding and promoting its members’ interests;
- Strengthening the development of contemporary art centres by promoting the exchange of information and experience between network members, and the implementation of collaborative projects;
- Contributing to an awareness, professionalization and structuring of the visual arts sector, in collaboration with other professional organisations within the field;
- Responding to requests for expertise and advice.
DCA is supported in all its activities by the Direction Générale de la Création Artistique - ministère de la Culture.
For its projects, DCA receives or has received support from l’Institut français, from l’ADAGP, and from the Fondation des Artistes.
DCA is a member of the Conseil National des Professions des Arts Visuels.
DCA is a member of the CIPAC — Fédération des professionnels de l’art contemporain.
DCA is partner of the Documents d’artistes network and a member of the committee ElaineAlain.